The World of Throne of Glassby Published 01 Oct 2019
|The World of Throne of Glass.pdf|
The official guide to the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series complete with characters, creatures, new artwork, and more!
Everyone knows the story of the assassin queen. But now, fans of the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series will be immersed in her journey like never before. From Adarlan’s dark past to Terrasen’s bright future, this comprehensive guide will bring the people, creatures, settings, magic, gods, and world of Aelin’s epic journey to life in stunning illustrations and descriptive portrayals. Complete with an expansive vocabulary and timeline of events, this is the must-have official companion to the Throne of Glass series.
The World of Throne of Glass Reviews
You know, if there's one thing that I don't understand, is why authors who haven't developed their worlds consistently or thoroughly enough, suddenly feel the need to milk it by creating a companion book that details every little aspect that the author was too LAZY to properly explain themselves!
I feel like the people who came up with the name for this companion guide to Throne of Glass, were trying to reap the success The World of Ice and Fire had.
Here's the thing tho. A Song of Ice and Fire. Is. An INSANELY detailed fantasy series. When stuff aren't happening, most of the book is spent describing a culture or a historical event or giving insight into this or that house or person or custom or... whatever. There is constant lore being thrown at you for the entire duration of the series and - this is my point - it IS JUSFTIFIED in having a companion book that explains aspects of the lore and history.
Throne of Glass, however, is not.
The only consistent bits of lore we get are in Heir of Fire. That's the only book that bothered to introduce at least some consistent bits of lore after the first 2 books left the reader with only a generic fantasy world to imagine in their minds. After Heir of Fire, Maas remembered to give lore information once every blue moon.
Ok, ok, ok. Let's say that this book is going to be published and is going to give us an insight into the world. Here are some of the things I want addressed.
1. First of all I want an updated FREAKING MAP! I don't know where the Fae lands Celaena landed on, in Heir of Fire, are nor other regions mentioned in Empire of Storms and whatnot.
2. Second, I don't want half the book to focus on the damn Faes! I hate the Faes as a race and no one is going to change my mind, because Maas has done a pretty good job in solidifying this opinion for me.
3. Thirdly, I want someone to explain the freaking magic system already! Because Aelin is freaking OP, using an element that is one of the most boring, as far as fantasy magic goes, but we have no freaking clue why!
4. I want explanation for the unique creatures featured in this series. Fae and witches and lepricons can go to hell!
5. Actually scratch that I wanna read more about the witches.
6. I want explanation in regards to the various items Aelin has in her possession. Because she has a whole MMORPG inventory worth of items that i can't remember how she acquired.
7. I want a DETAILED and COMPREHENSIVE explanation of Aelin's FUCKING FAMILY TREE! Because I am sick and tired of going a dozen times to the Wikia page to understand where the obscure characters of the past fit into Aelin's bloodline.
8. I want a detailed explanations of the main characters' pasts, and I am referring to Chaol and Dorian. Aedion, Rowan and Lysandra all presented us with their sob stories. I wanna hear Chaol and Dorian's too.
9. And lastly I want insight into: culture, religion, nations, economy, evolution of society, customs for different ppls etc. Maas clearly has different cultures, nations, an economy, religions - she keeps mentioning Gods - but she never explains them in the context of her story.
I am not against this book being published. I am just mad that the name is uninspired and because it comes not as an addition to something you've read and want further reading, but gives explanations to ideas, concepts and elements that are never or just loosely explained by the author herself!
Still gonna read it tho. If only to see if some of the stuff I specified above are addressed. >.>
What I want from this book:
- Manorian to be MARRIED
- Manorian to have a daughter (just imagine who beautiful she’d be)
- All the couple from this book to have at least one kid
You see, I don’t ask for too much.
30/10/2018:so uhhhh guess this is never coming out lmao
↪️ UPDATE: IT IS BUT A YEAR LATER ARGH
6/6/2018: IT'S BLuE IT's bLUEEEE *throws chair*
(If you got that reference I love you)
Of all the book SJM is going to release this is the one I'm most excited for! Well, unless if one of the new ACOTAR books is called The World of ACOTAR... Just imagine, information about Hybern, the courts, the fae, etc. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!! Returning to this book read the description:
The ultimate guide to the Throne of Glass series and the world of Erilea, including an illustrated compendium of characters, settings, magic, gods, politics, creatures, and vocabulary, plus a timeline of events.
5 MORE ACOTAR BOOKS
A TOG COLORING BOOK
AND NOW THIS?!
.....God bless the heavens.